Come to one of our open evenings and get a real feel for the CCSW experience and find out why we are one of Cheshire’s largest and most popular Colleges.
You’ll tour our facilities, meet our inspiring staff and current learners and get a sense of what it’s like to study at Cheshire College – South & West.
Our open evenings are designed for learners wishing to study at CCSW in September 2019. Open evenings can be really good fun, as well as giving you the information you need to make the right choice. Here are our top tips to help you make the most of your time when visiting us.
- Bring a pen and paper with you to take notes. Sometimes open events can be overwhelming, as you will receive a lot of information. Making notes of anything important will give you something to refer to once you get home.
- Do your research. Find out what courses you might be interested in and which campus these courses are based at.
- Make sure you have a bag, or someone to help you carry all the leaflets and freebies you will be given.
- We run campus tours and Principal briefings at some of our open events – this is a must do if they are available.
- Bring a camera or a phone with you to take pictures. You’ll be able to remember CCSW once you’ve explored all your post 16 options.
- Before the end of the event, check you have had all your questions answered. If not, take advantage of the staff around you who are available to chat and remember to visit the non-academic stands during your visit!
- Bring someone with you. Whether this is a parent or a friend, it will give you that extra boost of confidence when meeting our staff and learners and it provides them the opportunity to find out about what we can offer them.
- Most importantly… enjoy yourself. Come September, you’ll be spending a lot of time in College, start enjoying your journey today!
Helen Nellist, Deputy Principal and Deputy CEO said: ‘’The majority of our current learners studying with us started their journey here at College after attending one of our open evenings. It is a great opportunity to see first-hand the many opportunities, facilities and support that we can offer.
‘’As one of the leading training providers for young people, adults and Apprentices across the Cheshire region, everyone can benefit from the advice and guidance available at the open evenings.
‘’We pride ourselves on the consistently outstanding results of our learners, our 2017/18 results were excellent. Our A level pass rate was 99.7% and our cross-college BTEC National Extended Diploma pass rate was 98.1%.
‘’We encourage all potential learners to come and see our College in action, to get a true feel for our culture and to hear about how we impact both the local and academic communities.’’
If you are unable to attend this particular event, the College will also be running another Open Evening on Monday 29 April 2019, 5:30 – 8pm, across all three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.