An apprentice can inject new ideas, energy and talent into your business, and it has been proven that apprentices contribute to the competitiveness of organisations. They are keen to learn and highly motivated. By creating Apprenticeship roles within your business, you will open the door to further innovation and added value.
Any employer can hire an apprentice as long as you’re able to employ them for at least 30 hours per week and pay the minimum salary. There are Government grants that you may be able to access to help with these employment costs. We can help advertise any Apprenticeship role you have.
We provide training for apprenticeships across a wide range of roles and sectors.
The government estimates that 98% of employers aren’t required to pay the levy. Instead, these employers will be expected to make a 10% contribution and the government will contribute the remaining 90% of the cost of training an apprentice.
Small businesses employing a 16-18-year-old Apprentice on an Apprenticeship Framework or Standard, or a 19-24-year-old who was previously in care or has an Education and Health Care plan, will receive a £1,000 payment (in two instalments).
Introduced at the start of the 2017/18 tax year, the levy is payable by all employers with an annual pay bill of more than £3 million and is collected through the Pay as you Earn process alongside other employment taxes.
The UK Government will use HMRC data, which includes data about the home address of your employees, to work out what proportion of an employer’s pay bill is paid to employees living in England.
0.5% of an employer’s total payroll with a £15,000 allowance to offset the overall cost. The levy will be paid to HMRC through the PAYE scheme and online tools will be available to employers through the new Digital Apprenticeship Service.
When exploring the courses we have available, you may see a fee attached but you’re more than likely to be eligible for a fully-funded enrolment!
Take a look and get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like anymore information.