Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 29.6 hours per week
Location: Crewe and Ellesmere Port Campuses
We are seeking a Vocational Trainer in ICT and Digital to join our team at our Crewe and Ellesmere Port Campus with the flexibility to travel and deliver across all campuses and in the workplace.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Vocational Trainer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience.
- Train and Assess ICT and Digital Learners;
- Support learner progress through a combination of planning, assessment and curriculum delivery; and
- Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Extensive experience in ICT and Digital;
- Assessor Trained or working towards;
- PGCE or willingness to working towards;
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in English and Maths;
- An awareness and understanding of contemporary developments in education in the field of ICT and Digital;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
- Up-to-date occupational experience; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 28 February 2024.
The selection process will take place on 7 March 2024.
- Access to world-class facilities
- Access to new qualifications to support your career in education such as short online courses in the areas below. If you’re interested in learning more about this, please email email@example.com.
- Equality and Diversity
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Principles of Customer Service
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification
- Extensive upskilling and professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities
- Employee benefit platform
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon
- Free onsite parking
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £160m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. The College is in the process of implementing a £30m capital investment programme to ensure learners continue to have access to the best possible resources and environment.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunity for learners to make new friends.
The College is proud of its strong links with local Employers such as Bentley Motors, Vauxhall Motors, SP Energy Networks, Ecolab and Unilever to ensure learners have access to work placements and industry professionals as well as ensuring the curriculum offer remains current and relevant to local, regional and national needs.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons;
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops; and
- New Institute of Technology (Construction beginning 2024).
Ellesmere Port Campus
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Ellesmere Port Campus boasts:
- Construction & Engineering Centre (Refurbished Summer 2022);
- Award-winning restaurant, Academy West (Refurbished Summer 2023);
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Fitness gym;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons (Refurbished Summer 2023); and
- Professional theatre.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. Online checks will be carried out and references will be sought.