The outstanding achievements of Cheshire College – South & West staff were recognised at their annual Staff Awards Ceremony.
The awards were presented during the College’s Wellbeing Day; an event that takes place at the Crewe and Ellesmere Port Campuses at the end of each academic year to give staff an opportunity to reflect on the previous year’s achievements, generate ideas for the upcoming year and access resources that focus on personal development and wellbeing.
This year’s award winners feature those who have been an exceptional example of the College values for their fellow staff, the students and wider community.
Nominations are welcomed from all members of staff and the final winners are selected by Cheshire College’s Executive Leadership Team.
From outstanding contribution awards to the awards for the unsung heroes of the team, the awards shone a light on those who have truly gone above and beyond.
Commenting on the award ceremony, Cheshire College – South & West’s HR Director, Lisa Woodman, says: “These awards are a fantastic part of each year at the College but it’s also a true testament to the incredible talent we have on the team who turn up every day wanting to make a positive contribution to College life.”
The full list of awards can be read below.
Award for the Excellent Commitment to Honesty and Integrity
- Helen Smith (Travel and Tourism Lecturer)
- Liam Brown (Personal Development Tutor)
Award for Outstanding Support for Others
- Maggie Coathup (Business Development Officer)
- Jennifer Griffiths (MIS Funding and Resources Officer)
Award for Exceptional Empowering of Others and Nurturing of Talent
- Patricia Packer (Foundation Maths Lecturer)
- Elizabeth Clutton (Performing Arts Lecturer)
Award for Outstanding Contribution to Success
- Jo Francis (Early Years Lecturer)
- Philly Lockitt (Personal Development Tutor)
The ‘Extra Mile’ Award (for Outstanding Aspiration and Achievement)
- Lee Bevan (Network Engineer)
- Chris Woolley (Network Engineer)
Award for Demonstrating Exceptional Accountability and Initiative
- Tony Fields (Estates and Facilities Officer)
- Lucy Allen (Course Team Leader and A-Level Biology Lecturer)
Most Exceptional Team Award
- Travel and Tourism Team – Ellesmere Port Campus
- Reception Team – Crewe Campus
Outstanding Contribution to Community Award
- Claire Garner (Talent Pool Placement Officer)
- Mick Haire (Construction Lecturer)
Unsung Hero Award
- Shenel Ismail (Catering and Retail Assistant)
- Andrew Charlton (Student Behaviour Support Officer)
Rising Star Award
- Jessica Gibbons (Health Lecturer)
- Zoe Charlesworth-Simpson (Art and Design Lecturer)
Cheshire College are proud to have a dedicated team focused on providing the best possible experience for their students, stakeholders and the wider community. If you’re interested in being a part of the team, take a look at our current career opportunities.