Salary: £18,329 – £18,658 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 23 per week
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking an enthusiastic Receptionist to join our team at our Crewe Campus. This is an excellent opportunity to provide an excellent reception service, including telephone duties and administrative support in order to ensure that the provision meets the needs of learners, employers and other stakeholders.
- Welcome and receive visitors to the College, manage the signing in and out process and contact College staff, as appropriate;
- Operate the College’s telephone switchboard to receive, acknowledge and transfer calls, take and transmit telephone messages as required, take and transmit urgent messages to students as required;
- Provide appropriate communication in the event of emergency evacuation of the College buildings, as laid down in the College’s Health & Safety Policy;
- Respond to all initial enquiries and queries including course start dates, venues; and
- Promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) or above in English and Maths;
- Previous office/administrative experience;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com by 9am on 25 January 2023.
The selection process will take place on 31 January 2023.
- Access to world-class facilities
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification
- Extensive upskilling and professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon
- Free onsite parking
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.