Job Title: Receptionist
Salary: £17,142 – £18,473 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 18.5 hours per week (Term time only, including evening and weekends)
Location: Chester Campus
We are seeking a Receptionist to join our team at our Chester Campus. This is an excellent opportunity to provide an excellent reception service, including telephone duties and administrative support in order to ensure that the provision meets the needs of learners, employers and other stakeholders.
- Welcome and receive visitors to the College, manage the signing in and out process and contact College staff, as appropriate;
- Operate the College’s telephone switchboard to receive, acknowledge and transfer calls to staff and learners;
- Provide appropriate communication in the event of emergency evacuation of the College buildings, as laid down in the College’s Health & Safety Policy; and
- Respond to all initial enquiries and queries including course start dates, venues etc.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) or above in English and Maths;
- Previous office/administrative experience;
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent digital literacy skills; and
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension Scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am Thursday 21 October 2021.
The selection process will take place on Wednesday 3 November 2021.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant curriculum area.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners.
Cheshire College is the only Further Education provider in Cheshire to have been selected by the Government to offer T Levels in Construction, Digital, Science and Health, Education and Childcare, from September 2021. The brand-new two-year qualifications have been designed with leading businesses and provide learners with numerous opportunities to find out what a real career is like.
Cheshire College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, working closely with over 500 partners and within communities, to empower individuals and nurture talent, taking the time to listen, help and care, whilst always acting with honesty, integrity and trust.
Cheshire College is on a mission to develop digital skills and knowledge across the community with their new five-year project, ‘The Digital Hub’, which is part of a £5m investment made by Cheshire and Warrington LEP. The Digital Hub aims to deliver skills and career pathways in additive manufacturing and Virtual and Augmented Reality, as well as improve Advanced Manufacturing Skills to expand digital infrastructures in existing workforces and facilitate access to technology within community organisations.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
As well as our modern classrooms, we have industry-standard facilities which include impressive art and design workshops, science laboratories and a motor vehicle workshop with four vehicle ramps. Our strong links with local employers, such as Vauxhall Motors, SP Energy Networks, Ecolab and Unilever, ensure learners have access to work placements and industry professionals to support their future careers. Media, games art and design learners develop skills in a number of areas and have access to 4K video recording equipment and specialist software applications.
Salary: £17,412 - £18,473 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: 21/10/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download