Salary: £26,556 to £28,996 per annum pro rata (£25,206 to £27,517 per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, part year working (40 weeks per year)
Location: Crewe Campus
An opportunity has arisen for an inspirational person to join our College in the role of Personal Development Tutor.
- Deliver group tutorial sessions and activities to cover key personal development themes including Employability, British Values, Equality and Diversity and the PREVENT agenda;
- Conduct an effective personal induction for students to the College and develop both a sense of belonging and resilience to succeed;
- Meet with relevant managers and staff to discuss pastoral issues affecting any students giving concern and, where necessary, to refer students to more specialist services;
- Support learner participation in opportunities that develop skills and knowledge including enrichment and learner voice activities;
- Support students with academic/personal progress and review against targets on an individual basis in line with the College frequency standard. Insisting on high ambitions for all students; and
- Use dedicated systems to monitor attendance concerns with the cohort and proactively resolve issues.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 4 qualification;
- GCSEs C (4/5) in English and Maths (or equivalent);
- Excellent personal tutor, advisor or mentor skills;
- Ability to deliver effective group tutorial sessions, including those on more sensitive topics;
- Good working knowledge of target setting and review methods;
- Ability to work with empathy and sensitivity; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional Development;
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, 10 May 2023.
The selection process will take place on 18 May 2023 at our Crewe campus.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. References will also be sought.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.