Salary: £25,412 – £27,747
Contract Type: 1year Fixed Term, Maternity Cover
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port Campus
We are seeking a full-time Operations Manager to join our Apprenticeships team at our Ellesmere Port Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for innovative and inspiring candidate to support our Apprenticeship and Work Based Learning Teams.
- To provide specialist advice, support and guidance to teams delivering Apprenticeships and work-based qualifications;
- To monitor the apprenticeship contracts, preparing and presenting detailed profiles and reports to ensure targets are achieved;
- To lead the central operations team in providing high quality advice and guidance to Managers, Staff and stake holders; and
- Promote the welfare of children and young people.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 3 or equivalent;
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in Maths and English (or equivalent);
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience at Supervisory/Management level;
- Experience of working in the Further Education Sector;
- Evidence of continuous professional development; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com by 9am on 1 February 2023.
The selection process will take place on 13 February 2023.
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant curriculum area.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunity for learners to make new friends.
Ellesmere Port Campus
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Ellesmere Port Campus boasts:
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Fitness gym;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons;
- Motor Vehicle Workshop with seven vehicle ramps; and
- Strong links with local Employers such as Vauxhall Motors, SP Energy Networks to ensure learners have access to work placements and industry professionals;
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.