Job Title: Network IT Technician
Network Technician (Ellesmere Port)
37 hours per week
Salary range: £22,424 – £25,160 per annum
If you share our vision to be outstanding in all that we do and you have the drive, passion and enthusiasm to create something special then Cheshire College South and West is the place for you.
The College is looking to recruit a Network Engineer to support in the provision of a quality support service for learners, visitors, customers and staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to College IT users (including both network and non-network users), covering both hardware and software systems, in accordance with agreed service standards.
- Maintain and repair IT systems and equipment (hardware, peripherals and software) to ensure they are functioning effectively, in accordance with agreed service standards.
- Install IT equipment and software to meet user needs.
- Identify persistent and potential problems and suggest and implement solutions.
- Assist with the inventory audits of equipment and software.
- Assist in the development and technical support of the technology infrastructure for both voice and data.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Technical Support team to develop and deliver long-term solutions to meet user needs.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 12 November 2020.
Interviews will take place week commencing 16th November, further details will be confirmed with shortlisted candidates.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace. Staff will receive a range of benefits, proven by our commitment to the Investors in People standard.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £22,424 - £25,160
Closing Date: 12/11/2020 9:00 am
Application Form: Download