Job Title: Network Technician
Salary: £22,424 – £25,160 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port
We are seeking a Network Technician to join our team at our Ellesmere Port Campus. This is an excellent opportunity to support in the provision of a quality support service for learners, visitors, customers and staff.
- Provide technical support to College IT users (including both network and non-network users), covering both hardware and software systems, in accordance with agreed service standards.
- Maintain and repair IT systems and equipment (hardware, peripherals and software) to ensure they are functioning effectively, in accordance with agreed service standards.
- Install IT equipment and software to meet user needs.
- Identify persistent and potential problems and suggest and implement solutions.
- Assist with the inventory audits of equipment and software.
- Assist in the development and technical support of the technology infrastructure for both voice and data.
- Promote the welfare of children and young people.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 3 Computing qualification.
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) or above in English and Maths.
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment.
- Good organisational skills.
- Appropriate level of digital literacy.
Please see attached Job Description and person Specification for full details.
- Competitive salary.
- Pension Scheme.
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform.
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon.
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by Monday 18 October 2021 9am.
The selection process will take place on Thursday 28 October 2021.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Ellesmere Port Campus
As well as our modern classrooms, we have industry-standard facilities which include impressive tennis courts, fitness gym, 150-seat theatre and engineering and construction workshops. Our Academy West restaurant and training kitchens are fully-fitted with equipment that is used in the industry. Travel and Tourism learners benefit from doing airline safety briefings and serving in a real section of aircraft fuselage. Engineering learners use industry-standard machinery to perform various engineering operations such as welding, fabrication, repair and maintenance. Our bespoke hair, beauty and barbering salons create an authentic environment where learners gain skills in the various elements of the industry. Our Ellesmere Port Campus is a great place to be and to meet new friends.
In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners.
Cheshire College are the only Further Education provider in Cheshire to have been selected by the Government to offer T Levels in Construction, Digital, Science and Health, Education and Childcare, from September 2021. The brand-new two-year qualifications have been designed with leading businesses and provide learners with numerous opportunities to find out what a real career is like.
Cheshire College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, working closely with over 500 partners and within communities, to empower individuals and nurture talent, taking the time to listen, help and care, whilst always acting with honesty, integrity and trust.
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £22,424 - £25,160
Closing Date: 18/10/2021 12:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download