Job Title: Lecturer in English
Salary: £24,697 – £37,259 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in English to join our team at our Crewe Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience on GCSE and Functional Skills English resit courses. This post is open to both experienced teachers and those aspiring to become a teacher.
- Prepare and teach on a range of English Courses;
- Contribute to aspirational teaching, learning and assessment; and
- Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree in English (or equivalent) in relevant discipline;
- A-Level English or similar discipline;
- PGCE or commitment to work towards;
- Proven experience of teaching English;
- Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
- Experience of working in Further Education;
- Up-to-date occupational experience; and
- Enhanced DBS check
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT/ECT) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The full details of the Lecturer Development Programme can be found here [link].
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com by 9am on 30 May 2022.
The selection process will take place on the 6 June 2022.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Salary: £24,697 - £37,259
Closing Date: 30/05/2022 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download