Salary: £27,486 – £41,467 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Electrical/Electronic Engineering to join our team at our Crewe Campus.
- Prepare and teach on a range of Electrical/Electronic Engineering courses;
- Contribute to aspirational teaching, learning and assessment; and
- Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering;
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in English and Maths
- PGCE or commitment to work towards;
- Proven experience of Electrical/Electronic Engineering;
- Ability to work in a practical workshop;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
- Up-to-date occupational experience; and
- Enhanced DBS check
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
Please click on this link to view full details of the Lecturer Development Programme.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com by 9am on 29 February 2024.
The selection process will take place on 7 March 2024.
- Access to world-class facilities
- Access to new qualifications to support your career in education such as short online courses in the areas below. If you’re interested in learning more about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equality and Diversity
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification
- Extensive upskilling and professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities
- Employee benefit platform
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon
- Free onsite parking
- Principles of Customer Service
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email email@example.com where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £160m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. The College is in the process of implementing a £30m capital investment programme to ensure learners continue to have access to the best possible resources and environment.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunity for learners to make new friends.
The College is proud of its strong links with local Employers such as Bentley Motors, Vauxhall Motors, SP Energy Networks, Ecolab and Unilever to ensure learners have access to work placements and industry professionals as well as ensuring the curriculum offer remains current and relevant to local, regional and national needs.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons;
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops; and
- New Institute of Technology (Construction beginning 2024).
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. Online checks will be carried out and references will be sought.