Job Title: Lecturer in Criminology
Salary: £24,697 – £37,259 (per annum, pro rata)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Part time 27.75 hours per week (0.75fte)
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Criminology to join our team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience on a range of Criminology, Psychology and Sociology courses including A levels, BTEC and T levels. This post is open to both experienced teachers and those aspiring to become a teacher.
Starting in September 2022, this role will be based at our Crewe Campus.
- Prepare and teach on a range of Criminology, Psychology and Sociology courses;
- Contribute to aspirational teaching, learning and assessment; and
- Keep accurate records for learners’ progress.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline;
- PGCE or commitment to work towards;
- Proven experience of teaching Criminology, Psychology and Sociology in an FE or school setting;
- Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers/Early Career Teachers (NQT/ECT) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The full details of the Lecturer Development Programme can be found here [link].
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays, pro rata);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12noon on 20 May 2022
The selection process will take place on the 24 May 2022.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Salary: £24,697 - £37,259 (per annum, pro rata)
Closing Date: 20/05/2022 12:00 pm
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download