Salary: £21,411 – £22,556 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, Part Year working 38 weeks
Location: Crewe and Chester Campuses
We are seeking Learning Mentors to join our team working across our Crewe and Chester campuses.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Quality team to underpin the learner journey and provide opportunities for learners to develop resilience, knowledge and skills that lead to success, ensuring that the learners progress onto further study, apprenticeships or work with confidence and independence.
- Monitor and intervene to support learners at risk of underachievement;
- Ensure effective communication and liaison to support learners;
- Setup and run extra -curricular activities ; and
- Implement strategies and support learners in self-esteem and confidence building activities.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification
- Level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths;
- Evidence of ongoing professional development;
- Experience of working in a learning support capacity;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding procedures; and
- Ability to develop positive working relationships;
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further details.
- Access to world-class facilities
- Access to new qualifications to support your career in education such as short online courses in the areas below;
- Equality and Diversity
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Principles of Customer Service
If you’re interested in learning more about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities
- Employee benefit platform
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon
- Free onsite parking
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com by Friday 26 January 9am 2024.
The selection process will take place in February 2024.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. Online checks will be carried out and references will be sought.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £160m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. The College is in the process of implementing a £30m capital investment programme to ensure learners continue to have access to the best possible resources and environment.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunity for learners to make new friends.
The College is proud of its strong links with local Employers such as Bentley Motors, Vauxhall Motors, SP Energy Networks, Ecolab and Unilever to ensure learners have access to work placements and industry professionals as well as ensuring the curriculum offer remains current and relevant to local, regional and national needs.