Salary: £26,556 – £28,996 pro rata per annum, (£22,811 – £24,907 per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, 36 weeks and 1 day per year
We are looking for an additional Wellbeing Coach to support learners through one to one and small groups to help them overcome emotional and physical barriers to learning.
- Manage a caseload of disadvantaged and vulnerable learners;
- Support learners through one to one and group activities;
- Provide direct interventions to identified learners;
- Track the progress of a caseload of learners, providing feedback to relevant areas; and
- Promote the welfare of children and young people.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 4 or equivalent in relevant qualification
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in Maths and English (or equivalent);
- Evidence of relevant continuous professional development;
- Experience of working and communicating effectively with young people who are disadvantaged and/or vulnerable;
- Experience of working in a supportive environment; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com by 9am on 10 May 2023.
The selection process will take place on 18 May 2023.
- Access to world-class facilities;
- Extensive upskilling and professional development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Employee Benefit Platform;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. References will also be sought.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.