Salary: £20,267 – £22,648 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have exciting new opportunity for a Technician in Engineering to join our team at our Crewe campus.
If you share our vision to be outstanding in all that we do and you have the drive, passion, enthusiasm to create something special, then Cheshire College South and West is the place for you to progress your career.
- The preparation, storage and maintenance of materials and equipment with the Curriculum Area;
- Co-ordinate the use of practical resources and facilities and provide assistance and advice in the practical needs of the specific curriculum;
- Assist in practical classes, carrying out demonstrations and trialling practical activities;
- Carry out risk assessments for activities taking place within the curriculum and technician activities; and
- Ensure that both routine and non-routine checking, cleaning, maintenance, calibration, testing and repairing of equipment are carried out to the required standard.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline (Mechanical, Electronic and Mechatronic);
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) or above in Maths & English (or equivalent);
- Valid First Aid certificate (or willing to work towards);
- Good working knowledge of organising and maintaining Engineering equipment (Departmental specific equipment may include materials testing equipment, electronics and electrical testing equipment, milling, turning and CNC, additive manufacturing and robotics). Specific equipment training can be organised;
- Excellent working knowledge of health & safety regulations in Engineering; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 21 November 2022.
The selection process will take place on 28 November 2022.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional Development;
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Employee benefits platform;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email email@example.com where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.