Job Title: Personal Development Tutor
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, 36.8 working weeks per year
Location: This post will be based between our Ellesmere Port & Crewe Campuses
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivational and inspiring individual to join our successful team as a Personal Development Tutor to ensure learners reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
- Ensure learners survive, thrive and progress
- Provide an invigorating programme of enriched activities to full-time learners
- Provide group tutorials and targeted one-to-one tutorials, in person and online as required
- Ensure effective communication and liaison to support learners
- Provide learners with a clear line of sight to employment, self-employment or HE
- Safeguarding and a culture of excellence and equality
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 4 qualification as well as Level 2 in English and Maths, or equivalent
- Good understanding of the personal development themes covered in a group tutorial
- Ability to deliver effective group and one-to-one tutorial sessions, including those on sensitive topics
- Excellent digital skills and the ability to deliver effective tutorials using online environments
- Good working knowledge of target setting and review methods
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment
- Excellent safeguarding awareness and knowledge of procedures
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays) pro rata
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, 20 October 2020.
Interviews will take place on 30 October 2020, further details will be confirmed with shortlisted candidates.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and innovative College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 11,000 students and 1,300 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff and learners are celebrating after Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Location: Across all campuses
Salary: £25,160 - £27,472 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: 20/10/2020 9:00 am
Application Form: Download