Job Title: Personal Development Tutor
Salary: £25,160 – £27,472 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 18.5 to 37 hours per week
Location: All Campuses
We are seeking Personal Development Tutors to join our teams at our Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester Campuses.
- 37 hours per week, part year working 39.2 weeks per year (Crewe)
- 6hours per week (may increase 37hours), part year working 39.2 weeks per year (Ellesmere Port)
- 5 hours per week, part year working 39.2 weeks per year (Chester)
This is an excellent opportunity for motivational and inspiring individuals to join our successful teams as Personal Development Tutors to ensure learners reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
- Ensure learners thrive and progress;
- Provide an invigorating programme of enrichment activities;
- Provide group tutorials and targeted one-to-one tutorials;
- Ensure effective communication and liaison to support learners;
- Provide learners with a clear line of sight to employment, self-employment or HE; and
- Safeguarding and the promotion of a culture of excellence and equality.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 4 Qualification;
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in English and Maths (or equivalent, or willingness to work towards an appropriate standard);
- Good understanding of the personal development themes covered in a group tutorial;
- Ability to deliver effective group and one-to-one tutorial sessions, including those on sensitive topics;
- Excellent digital skills and the ability to deliver effective tutorials using online environments;
- Good working knowledge of target setting and review methods;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment; and
- Excellent safeguarding awareness and knowledge of procedures.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am on 3 August 2021.
The selection process will take place in week commencing 9 August 2021.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts a multi-purpose sports hall, climbing wall and fitness gym where learners keep fit and practice various sports as part of their course. Our TV and radio studios have all the specialist equipment needed to produce and edit professional quality shows. Travel and Tourism learners get the chance to practise their skills in our mock aircraft cabin. Hospitality learners serve paying customers in our award-winning restaurant, The Academy. Other facilities include, hair, beauty and barbering salons, professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops. Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning.
Ellesmere Port Campus
As well as our modern classrooms, we have industry-standard facilities which include impressive tennis courts, fitness gym, 150-seat theatre and engineering and construction workshops. Our Academy West restaurant and training kitchens are fully-fitted with equipment that is used in the industry. Travel and Tourism learners benefit from doing airline safety briefings and serving in a real section of aircraft fuselage. Engineering learners use industry-standard machinery to perform various engineering operations such as welding, fabrication, repair and maintenance. Our bespoke hair, beauty and barbering salons create an authentic environment where learners gain skills in the various elements of the industry. Our Ellesmere Port Campus is a great place to be and to meet new friends.
As well as our modern classrooms, we have industry-standard facilities which include impressive art and design workshops, science laboratories and a motor vehicle workshop with four vehicle ramps. Our strong links with local employers, such as Vauxhall Motors, SP Energy Networks, Ecolab and Unilever, ensure learners have access to work placements and industry professionals to support their future careers. Media, games art and design learners develop skills in a number of areas and have access to 4K video recording equipment and specialist software applications.
In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners.
Cheshire College is the only Further Education provider in Cheshire to have been selected by the Government to offer T Levels in Construction, Digital, Science and Health, Education and Childcare, from September 2021. The brand-new two-year qualifications have been designed with leading businesses and provide learners with numerous opportunities to find out what a real career is like.
Cheshire College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, working closely with over 500 partners and within communities, to empower individuals and nurture talent, taking the time to listen, help and care, whilst always acting with honesty, integrity and trust.
Cheshire College is on a mission to develop digital skills and knowledge across the community with their new five-year project, ‘The Digital Hub’, which is part of a £5m investment made by Cheshire and Warrington LEP. The Digital Hub aims to deliver skills and career pathways in additive manufacturing and Virtual and Augmented Reality, as well as improve Advanced Manufacturing Skills to expand digital infrastructures in existing workforces and facilitate access to technology within community organisations.
Salary: £25,160 - £27,472 pro rata per annum
Closing Date: 03/08/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download