Salary: £22,648 – £25,412 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Crewe Campus
We are looking for a proactive administrator to provide support to the Vice Principal Innovation, Curriculum and Quality and Assistant Principal team. The PA will be the first point of contact for the Vice Principal and will have responsibility for diary management, taking minutes and other administrative duties.
- Provide full administrative support including responding effectively to internal and external email communications and telephone enquiries, diary management, appointments and keeping an accurate record of actions and tracking progress made towards them;
- Administer and attend key internal and external meetings, co-ordinating agendas and taking minutes;
- Compose confidential reports and on occasion presentations for the Vice Principal;
- Have an awareness of daily campus activities to inform the Vice Principal (e.g. events and exceptional activities); and
- Undertake general housekeeping and office duties to maintain excellent presentation of the work area.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in Maths and English (or equivalent);
- Educated to A Level / Level 3;
- Proven ability to achieve tasks to a high standard with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent digital skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook;
- Ability to deliver objectives and meet deadlines;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
If you’re interested in this exciting role, you can apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com by 9am on 10 January 2023.
The selection process will take place during week commencing 16 January 2023.
- Access to world-class facilities;
- Extensive upskilling and professional development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Employee benefit platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. References will also be sought.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.