Salary: £25,412 to £27,747 pro rata per annum (£22,311 to £24,361 per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, 37 weeks per year
Location: Crewe Campus
We are looking for a Counsellor to provide a confidential personal counselling service to learners including assisting with the planning, delivering and assessment of counselling workshops and self-help materials.
- Contribute to the provision of a confidential personal counselling service for learners and to the provision of consultancy for College staff on mental health and wellbeing issues arising from their work with learners;
- Work with a full range of complex clients, both individually and, where the need arises, in groups;
- Hold a caseload of learners with complex needs, providing individual counselling sessions in 60 minutes;
- Carry out triage for work placements and carry out drop-in support for learners and assess for different counselling modalities, risk and appropriateness of a counselling intervention;
- Assist with the planning, delivery and assessment of counselling, psycho-educational workshops and self-help materials; and
- Advise the Safeguarding and Welfare Team Leader on issues relating to learner mental health and wellbeing and of the potential impact on learner retention and progression.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree in a relevant discipline;
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in Maths and English (or equivalent);
- Evidence of ongoing professional development;
- Experience of holding a significant weekly caseload of clients, gained working within an institution;
- Experience of working with clients from diverse social & ethnic backgrounds;
- Understanding & experience of Safeguarding issues;
- Knowledge and understanding of working in a psychodynamic / integrative / transpersonal approach;
- Ability to handle sensitive issues diplomatically & maintain professional boundaries;
- Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to develop positive working relationships at all levels (internally and externally to College);
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise & work effectively under pressure;
- An understanding of their responsibilities relating to the safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
If you’re interested in this role, you can apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com by 9am on 30 January 2023.
The selection process will take place on 13 February 2023.
- Access to world-class facilities;
- Extensive upskilling and professional development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Employee benefit platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. References will also be sought.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.