Salary: £20,104 pro rata per annum, Actual £4,642, (Pay Award Pending)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 10 hours per week, Term Time Only (36 weeks)
Location: Chester Campus
We are seeking a Catering and Retail Assistant to join our team, the role will predominantly be based at the Chester Campus with the flexibility of working at our other campuses.
The working hours will be Monday to Friday, 12noon until 2pm.
- Food preparation for sale to customers;
- Ensuring all kitchen equipment is clean and fit for purpose;
- Undertaking online stock orders; and
- Promote the welfare of children and young people.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in Maths and English or equivalent(or willingness to work towards);
- Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject are (or willingness to work towards);
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (or willingness to work towards)
- Experience in the Hospitality and Catering sector;
- Experience of cashing up; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 7 September 2023.
The selection process will take place in week commencing 11 September 2023.
- Access to world-class facilities;
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
- Extensive upskilling and professional development opportunities;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email email@example.com where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunity for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Chester Campus boasts:
- Impressive Art and Design Workshops;
- Science Laboratories;
- Strong links with local Employers such as Ecolab and Unilever to ensure learners have access to work placements and industry professionals; and
- Access to 4K video recording equipment and specialist software applications
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.