This qualification is designed to provide you with an awareness of the cyber security sector. It will do this by increasing the knowledge and understanding of roles and issues relating to cyber security. It will also act as a stepping stone if you wish to study cyber security at a higher level.
This course aims to provde you with knowledge and understanding of the principles of cyber security and covers:
• the study of the principles of cyber security
• breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge of cyber security
There is no specific prior knowledge you must have for this qualification. However, you may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 1 or 2 Digital Skills or Information Technology qualification.
You could progress onto further study at the College in the following:
• Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices
• Level 3 Diploma in IT User Skills
• Level 3 Award in Cyber Security Leadership
• Level 3 Foundation Technical Level IT: Cyber Security
Fees (if shown) are full fees (reduced fees may be available for some courses depending on your circumstances).
Your course may be FREE if you are:
- Aged 19+ (subject to eligibility) and earning less than £17,374.50 per year (£1,447 per month) studying on Level 1 or Level 2 courses*
- Aged 16-18 years
- Aged 19-23 years and studying for your first full Level 2 or full Level 3 qualification
* from 1 April 2022 earnings limit is increased to £18,525 per year (£1,543 per month)
Depending on the cost of your course, you could pay your course fees in instalments to spread the cost over the duration of the course.
Where and When
Here are some examples of related Careers within this industry, showing the average salary for the North West Region. Whether you choose to find a job or further your studies, there are lots of career opportunities available for you.
IT Business Analysts, Architects and Systems Designers
Programmers and Software Development Professionals