Resources designed to support learners of the new next generation BTEC First in Applied Science: Application of Science specification*.
- This book supports BTEC First Award in Applied Science – Application of Science QCF specification for first teaching from September 2013 (subject to accreditation by Ofqual).
- This book contains new content for the 2012 specification covering the mandatory four units with in depth knowledge, case studies, examples and activities to help learners prepare for this course.
- Combining the expertise of the BTEC team, the content addresses a learning, teaching and assessment point of view, with renewed focus on assessment activities including the new external assessment.
- Activities in each unit provide support and guidance for learners and can be used in the classroom or for independent work.
- The new BTEC Assessment Zone guides learners through the challenges of both internal (units 5-7) and external assessment (unit 8) with examiner tips and support for external assessment.
* From 2012, Pearson’s BTEC First qualifications have been under re-development, so schools and colleges could be teaching the existing 2010 specification or the new next generation 2012-2013 specification. There are different Student Books to support each specification. If learners are unsure, they should check with their teacher or tutor.