Job Title: Science and Computing Technician
Salary: £20,066 – £22,424 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester & EP Campus
The College is looking to recruit a Science and Computing Technician to support in the provision of a quality support service for learners, visitors, customers and staff.
- To prepare laboratory sessions, laboratory workshop equipment and materials within the Science Curriculum Area.
- To provide technical support within the IT/Computing Curriculum
- Develop and construct experiments for use in practical sessions
- Assist in practical classes, carrying out demonstrations and trialling practical activities
- Carry out risk assessments for technician activities.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 3 (or equivalent) in relevant discipline.
- Good general education (GCSEs at grade A, B or C or equivalent)
- Proven Experience of working in Science/Computing environment
- Excellent organisational skills
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am on Monday 21st September 2002
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Salary: £20,066 - £22,424
Closing Date: 21/09/2020 9:00 am
Application Form: Download