Job Title: Sales Ledger Assistant
Salary: £16,777-£18,473 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port Campus
This is an excellent opportunity to join and work alongside the Finance team to maintain the Sales Ledger and income system of the Finance and Administration Department:
- meet the needs of learners, employers and other stakeholders;
- are of the highest possible quality to ensure a positive contribution to learner outcomes and learner/employer satisfaction;
- are effective, efficient and provide excellent value for money;
- reflect the vision, mission, aims and values of the college;
- are innovative, developmental and sector leading; and
- promote a culture of excellence and equality.
To provide outstanding support to the Finance area and contribute to culture of continuous improvement in order to ensure that the service provides;
- Meets the needs of all staff, learners, employers and other stakeholders
- Is of the highest possible quality in terms of service user satisfaction and availability of accurate and timely data to inform decision making
- Is effective, efficient and provides excellent value for money
- Reflects the vision, mission and values of the college
- Is innovative, developmental and judged as outstanding
- Promotes a culture of excellence and equality
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Reflect the vision, mission, aims and values of the college.
- Access, read and analyse absence data throughout the working day.
- Maintain the integrity of sales ledger and income systems.
- Be responsible for the control of the college sales invoice and debt collection system
- Be responsible for the coding and issue of sales invoices in accordance with requests from departments and authorisation from student employers.
- Be responsible for the coding and reconciliation of all college outlet income as received in the bank.
- Review outstanding debts on a regular basis and co-ordinate the debt collection process.
- Reconcile the major debtor accounts, dealing with customer queries.
- Processing internal recharges.
- Control of petty cash including reimbursement of authorised receipts and reconciliation of petty cash on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of monthly and ad-hoc reports on income received and debtor analysis.
- Work with the Work Based Learning team to ensure that all apprenticeship and employer income is invoiced and received in a timely manner.
- Undertake general Finance and Administration Department duties and responsibilities including dealing with the general public, with occasional evening duties on a rota basis and assisting with enrolment.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 27 October 2020 9am.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 10th November, further details will be confirmed with shortlisted candidates.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and innovative College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £16,777 - £18,473 per annum
Closing Date: 27/10/2020 9:00 am
Application Form: Download