Salary: £28,282 to £30,881 per annum pro rata (£26,839 to £29,306 per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, part year working (40 weeks per year)
Location: Crewe campus
New opportunities have arisen for inspirational people to join our College in the role of Personal Development Tutor at our Crewe campus in Cheshire.
- Deliver group tutorial sessions and activities to cover key personal development themes including Employability, British Values, Equality and Diversity and the PREVENT agenda;
- Conduct an effective personal induction for students to the College and develop both a sense of belonging and resilience to succeed;
- Meet with relevant managers and staff to discuss pastoral issues affecting any students giving concern and, where necessary, to refer students to more specialist services;
- Support learner participation in opportunities that develop skills and knowledge including enrichment and learner voice activities;
- Support students with academic/personal progress and review against targets on an individual basis in line with the College frequency standard. Insisting on high ambitions for all students; and
- Use dedicated systems to monitor attendance concerns with the cohort and proactively resolve issues.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 4 qualification;
- GCSEs C (4/5) in English and Maths (or equivalent);
- Excellent personal tutor, advisor or mentor skills;
- Excellent knowledge of tutorial themes.
- Ability to deliver effective group tutorial sessions, including those on more sensitive topics;
- Experience of delivery to groups of young people (16 to 18 years old)
- Good working knowledge of target setting and review methods;
- Ability to work with empathy and sensitivity; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Access to new qualifications to support your career in education such as short online courses in the areas below. If you’re interested in learning more about this, please email Helen.Meakin@ccsw.ac.uk.
- Equality and Diversity
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Principles of Customer Service
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays) pro rata;
- Professional Development;
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am, 3rd January 2024. Please specify in your application which campus/es you wish to apply for.
The selection process will take place in January 2024.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. Online checks will be carried out and references will be sought.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities as well as opportunities for learners to make new friends.