Job Title: Nursery Practitioner 1-1
Salary: £17,142 – £18,473 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Fixed Term to 31 March 2022
Hours: 10 hours per week
Location: Starting Point Nursery, Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Nursery Practitioner (1-1) to join our team at our Starting Point Nursery.
This is an excellent opportunity for innovative and inspiring Nursery Practitioner to assist a child with specialist needs and daily care.
- To assist a child with specialist needs;
- To provide comprehensive verbal handover to parents;
- To ensure the child feels included with their peers at all times including snack and mealtimes;
- To provide constant supervision and support;
- Provide daily assistance and support to all children as required;
- Support and deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum;
- Contribute to planning and preparation of daily activities;
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment for all children; and
- Promote the welfare of children and young people.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in Maths and English (or equivalent);
- Level 3 in Childcare (or equivalent) or willingness to work towards;
- Update to date knowledge of current educational practice – latest EYFS (September 2021);
- Ability to use information technology to supplement education (Iconnect/Parentzone):
- Proven skills in working with children and understanding their needs; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am on 26 November 2021.
The selection process will take place week commencing 29 November 2021.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant curriculum area.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunity for learners to make new friends.
As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts a multi-purpose sports hall, climbing wall and fitness gym where learners keep fit and practice various sports as part of their course. Our TV and radio studios have all the specialist equipment needed to produce and edit professional quality shows. Travel and Tourism learners get the chance to practise their skills in our mock aircraft cabin. Hospitality learners serve paying customers in our award-winning restaurant, The Academy. Other facilities include, hair, beauty and barbering salons, professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops. Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning.
In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners.
Cheshire College is the only Further Education provider in Cheshire to have been selected by the Government to offer T Levels in Construction, Digital, Science and Health, Education and Childcare, from September 2021. The brand-new two-year qualifications have been designed with leading businesses and provide learners with numerous opportunities to find out what a real career is like.
Cheshire College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, working closely with over 500 partners and within communities, to empower individuals and nurture talent, taking the time to listen, help and care, whilst always acting with honesty, integrity and trust.
Cheshire College is on a mission to develop digital skills and knowledge across the community with their new five-year project, ‘The Digital Hub’, which is part of a £5m investment made by Cheshire and Warrington LEP. The Digital Hub aims to deliver skills and career pathways in additive manufacturing and Virtual and Augmented Reality, as well as improve Advanced Manufacturing Skills to expand digital infrastructures in existing workforces and facilitate access to technology within community organisations.
Salary: £17,142 - £18,473 (pro rata per annum)
Closing Date: 26/11/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download