Job Title: Motor Vehicle Technician
Salary: £20,066 – £22,424 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Motor Vehicle Technician to join our team at our Crewe Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Motor Vehicle Technician to support in the provision of a quality support service for learners, visitors, customers and staff.
- To prepare sessions, workshop equipment and materials within the Motor Vehicle curriculum area;
- To provide technical support within the Motor Vehicle department;
- Develop and construct activities for use in practical sessions;
- Assist in practical classes, carrying out demonstrations and trialling practical activities; and
- Carry out risk assessments for technical activities.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 3 (or equivalent) in relevant discipline;
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) Maths and English;
- IOSH qualification (or equivalent) or willingness to work towards;
- Valid first aid certificate or willingness to work towards;
- Proven experience of working in a Motor Vehicle environment;
- Excellent organisational skills; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am on 14 May 2021.
The selection process will take place on 28 May 2021.
Cheshire College South and West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Salary: £20,066 - £22,424 (pro rata per annum)
Closing Date: 14/05/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download