Job Title: Marketing and Events Manager
Job Title: Marketing and Events Manager
Salary: £40,311 to £44,042 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Based at Chester but will be working across all three Campuses
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational leader to join our College in the role of Marketing and Events Manager. If you share our vision to be outstanding in all that we do, and you have the drive, passion and enthusiasm to create something special then Cheshire College is the place for you to progress your career.
As a strong strategic thinker, you will demonstrate the ability to deliver on the College’s key objectives while inspiring others through exceptional communication, engagement, and partnership. As Marketing and Events Manager, you will be responsible for developing and enhancing all aspects of the College’s marketing service, including both digital and print. You will lead on all College events, including Learner Award Ceremonies, Higher Education and Professional Learner Graduations and other celebrations. Acting as guardian of the College brands and identity, ensuring a consistent approach is adopted across the College.
You will have a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, and at least five years’ experience in a marketing management role. You will be able to demonstrate experience of leading on the development and implementation of marketing and communication plans.
If you share our vision to be outstanding in all that we do and you have the drive, passion, enthusiasm to create something special, then Cheshire College South and West is the place for you to progress your career.
- Provide strong, positive and inspirational leadership at College Leadership Team (CLT) level to promote a high-quality marketing offer and drive learner recruitment;
- Be the lead manager for Marketing and Events across the College, by having a robust knowledge and understanding of marketing, branding and events and the ability to ensure College values permeate all aspects;
- Undertake a strong and supportive line management function including performance management, individual and team development in line with the College’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure that communications have the breadth and reach to serve all the communities the College provides for including but not exclusive to website, online and offline mediums;
- Create opportunities for dynamic, creative exploration of new strategies and approaches;
- In consultation with key stakeholders, take a leading role in implementing new developments, improvements and growth;
- Drive innovation, quality and consistency within all marketing activity;
- Develop and implement both strategic and operational marketing plans, with a central focus on learner recruitment working in collaboration with peers;
- Provide clear day-to-day leadership to the marketing team to achieve high standards of professionalism and performance in meeting of objectives and recruitment targets; and
- Lead on the organisation, planning and delivery of all College events including Open Evenings, learner recruitment activities, awards and celebrations.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree and/or a comparable qualification;
- Evidence of a genuine interest in continuous learning;
- Substantial experience as a manager (5+ years) within a sector which is driven by quality and customer service;
- Significant experience of successfully leading and managing staff within a marketing environment;
- An open leadership style that motivates and inspires others to achieve outstanding results at pace with exceptional results;
- Ability to problem solve both at both an operational and strategic level; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional Development;
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Wednesday 29 September 2021.
The selection process will take place on Friday 8 October 2021.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email email@example.com where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the Director of Marketing and School Partnerships.
Location: Across all campuses
Salary: £40,311 - £44,042
Closing Date: 29/09/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download