Job Title: Lecturer in Spanish and/or French
Salary: £24,452 – £36,890 pro rata per annum
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 14.8 hours per week (or 29.6 hours per week for both subjects)
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Spanish and a Lecturer in French to join our team at our Crewe Campus. These vacancies can be combined as one role working 29.6 hours per week. There is an opportunity to increase the combined post to a full-time position for a strong candidate.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience to ensure they reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
- Prepare and teach on a range of A-Level Courses.
- Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree in Spanish/French or relevant discipline.
- PGCE or commitment to work towards.
- Proven experience of teaching Spanish/French.
- Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements.
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment.
- Experience of working in Further Education.
- Up-to-date occupational experience
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teacher’s (NQT’s) who will be well supported through their NQT year.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification.
- Competitive salary.
- Pension Scheme.
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform.
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities.
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon.
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form* and return it to email@example.com by 9am on 23 April 2021.
The selection process will take place on 12 May 2021.
*When applying please specify if the application is for the Lecturer in Spanish, Lecturer in French or for both.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 11,000 learners and 1,400 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Salary: £24,452 - £36,890 pro rata per annum
Closing Date: 23/04/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download