Job Title: Lecturer in Hospitality and Catering
Salary: £24,697 – £37,259 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Hospitality and Catering to join our team based at our Crewe Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer with a proven track record as a chef to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience to ensure they reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
- Prepare and teach on a range of Hospitality and Catering Courses;
- Train and assess learners in the workplace and College environment; and
- Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 3 (or above) in Hospitality and Catering or relevant discipline;
- Experience and knowledge in professional cookery;
- Assessor Award or willingness to work towards;
- Teacher trained (PGCE, DTLLS or CertEd) or working towards;
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) or above in English and Maths;
- Proven experience of teaching Hospitality and Catering;
- Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
- Experience of working in further Education;
- Up-to-date occupational experience; and
- Enhanced DBS Check.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT/ECT) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The full details of the Lecturer Development Programme can be found here [link].
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to email@example.com by 9am on 1 June 2022.
The selection process will take place on 8 June 2022.
- Access to world-class facilities
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification
- Extensive upskilling and professional development opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon
- Free onsite parking
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunity for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Salary: £24,697 - £37,259 (per annum)
Closing Date: 01/06/2022 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download