Job Title: Lecturer in English 0.8 or 1 FTE (maternity cover)
Salary: £24,452 – £36,890 per annum (pro rata)
Contract Type: Fixed Term until July 2020
Hours: Part time (29.6 hours) or Full time (37 hours)
Location: Crewe Campus
This is an excellent opportunity for an inventive and enthusiastic Lecturer in English to join our successful team and provide learners with an outstanding learning experience to ensure they reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
- Prepare and Teach GCSE and A-Level English
- Keep accurate records for students’ progress in college
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree in English or relevant discipline
- PGCE or commitment to work towards.
- Proven experience of teaching English
- Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements.
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment
- Experience of working in further Education
- Up-to-date occupational experience
Please see attached Job Description and person Specification for full-details
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification (academic roles)
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 16th November 2020.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Salary: £24,452 - £36,890 pro rata per annum
Closing Date: 16/11/2020 5:00 pm
Application Form: Download