Salary: £25,808 – £38,936 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 25.9 hours per week
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Design, Surveying and Planning to join our team at our Crewe Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience. Most of the teaching timetable will involve Level 3 Design, Surveying and Planning/Civil Engineering. This post is open to both experienced Lecturers and those aspiring to become a Lecturer.
- Prepare and teach on a range of Design, Surveying and Planning/Civil Engineering courses;
- Contribute to aspirational teaching, learning and assessment;
- Train and assess learners in the workplace when required; and
- Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline;
- PGCE or commitment to work towards;
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience;
- Demonstrate key industry civil engineering practice;
- Experience in the use of software including CAD and Civil design programmes;
- Site Installation sequencing;
- Collaborative work MEIS;
- Experience of project planning, estimating and budgeting
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
- Up-to-date occupational experience; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
Please click on this link to view full details of the Lecturer Development Programme
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached for further details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 5 June 2023.
The selection process will take place in week commencing 16 June 2023.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional Development
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email email@example.com where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant curriculum area.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.