Job Title: Lecturer in Art and Design – 1 Year Fixed Term Maternity Cover
Salary: £24,452 – £36,890
Contract Type: 1 year fixed term maternity cover
Hours: 37 hours
Location: Crewe Campus CW2 8AB
We are seeking a Lecturer in Art & Design, to join our team at our Crewe Campus. This is an excellent opportunity for innovative and inspiring Lecturer in Art & Design to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience to ensure they reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
- Prepare and Teacher on a range of Art & Design Courses, specifically A-level Fine Art (level 3) and BTEC vocational general Art & Design (level 3)
- Keep accurate records for students’ progress in college
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Qualified to Level 6 or above in a relevant discipline.
- PGCE or commitment to work towards.
- Proven experience of teaching Art, Design & Fine Art curriculum
- Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements.
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment
- Experience of working in further Education
- Up-to-date occupational experience
Please see attached Job Description and person Specification for full-details
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification (academic roles)
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 5pm on 28th July 2020. Interviews will take place w/c 10th August 2020.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and innovative College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Salary: £24,452 - £36,890
Closing Date: 28/07/2020 5:00 pm
Application Form: Download