Job Title: Learning Support Assistants
Salary: £18,473 to £20,066 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Fixed term and Permanent contracts
Hours: Part time and Full time
We are seeking Learning Support Assistants to join our Learning Support team. We have various hours available on a fixed term and permanent basis at our Crewe campus.
- Provide direct in-class and out of class support to help learners to access the curriculum and the college environment;
- Implement strategies, risk assessments, PEEPs and other support arrangements as outlined in the learner’s support plan and explained by the Learning Support Assistant Co-ordinators and Inclusive Learning Advisors;
- Proactively develop and maintain effective communication with the curriculum staff that lead the timetabled sessions to ensure that the support provided is meeting the learners’ learning needs;
- Assist with preparation and adaptation of materials; and
- Immediately report any concerns including safeguarding and welfare concerns in line with College policies.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 3 qualification (or equivalent), ideally in a Learning Support related discipline;
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in Maths and English (or equivalent);
- Good working knowledge and understanding of a wide range of additional needs;
- Experience of working in education, ideally within learning support;
- Excellent organisational and digital literacy skills; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon;
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am 4 January 2022. The selection process will take place during week commencing 10 January 2022.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners.
Cheshire College is the only Further Education provider in Cheshire to have been selected by the Government to offer T Levels in Construction, Digital, Science and Health, Education and Childcare, from September 2021. The brand-new two-year qualifications have been designed with leading businesses and provide learners with numerous opportunities to find out what a real career is like.
Cheshire College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, working closely with over 500 partners and within communities, to empower individuals and nurture talent, taking the time to listen, help and care, whilst always acting with honesty, integrity and trust.
Cheshire College is on a mission to develop digital skills and knowledge across the community with their new five-year project, ‘The Digital Hub’, which is part of a £5m investment made by Cheshire and Warrington LEP. The Digital Hub aims to deliver skills and career pathways in additive manufacturing and Virtual and Augmented Reality, as well as improve Advanced Manufacturing Skills to expand digital infrastructures in existing workforces and facilitate access to technology within community organisations.
As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts a multi-purpose sports hall, climbing wall and fitness gym where learners keep fit and practice various sports as part of their course. Our TV and radio studios have all the specialist equipment needed to produce and edit professional quality shows. Travel and Tourism learners get the chance to practise their skills in our mock aircraft cabin. Hospitality learners serve paying customers in our award-winning restaurant, The Academy. Other facilities include, hair, beauty and barbering salons, professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops. Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning.
Salary: £18,473 to £20,066 (pro rata per annum)
Closing Date: 04/01/2022 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download