Job Title: Learning Support and Inclusion Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Across Ellesmere Port, Chester & Crewe campuses
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Learning and Learner Services team to manage and lead the College’s Additional Learning Support provision
- Provide effective line management to the Learning Support Teams.
- Ensure support for learners is identified and implemented appropriately and is of a high quality.
- Ensure the learners’ additional needs are met.
- Be responsible for the EHCP consultation process.
- Liaise with Local Authorities, parents, carers and other external agencies.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Experience of managing and leading a learning support team.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Additional Learning Support and funding in a FE college.
- An understanding and experience of the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) processes.
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment.
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, 23 November 2020.
Interviews will take place on 11 December 2020, further details will be confirmed with shortlisted candidates.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and innovative College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Location: Across all campuses
Salary: £40,311 - £44,042 per annum
Closing Date: 23/11/2020 9:00 am
Application Form: Download