Job Title: Learning Support and Inclusion Manager
Salary: £40,714 to £44,482 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Leading across Ellesmere port and Chester Campuses
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an inspirational leader to join our College in the role of Learning Support and Inclusion Manager.
Educated to degree level, you will have a robust track record of leading on the development and support to manage a high quality and effective Learning Support Team. This role will ensure that learners with SEN and High Needs are appropriately identified, supported in their transition to College ,supported to achieve in College and make progress throughout their journey with us.
As a member of the College Leadership Team, you will demonstrate the ability to deliver on the college’s key objectives while inspiring others through high level communication, engagement and partnership skills.
If you share our vision to be outstanding in all that we do and you have the drive, passion, enthusiasm to create something special, then Cheshire College South and West is the place for you to progress your career.
- Provide strong, positive and inspirational leadership at College Leadership Team (CLT) level to promote quality improvement in response to feedback from learners, parents, partners, employers, staff, inspectors and accrediting bodies on the quality of services;
- Undertake a strong and supportive line management function including performance management, individual and team development in line with the College’s policies and procedures;
- In consultation with service users take an active role in leading on new developments to continually identify areas for improvement and development;
- Take responsibility for providing an innovative, inclusive and accessible service for all learners irrespective of needs and circumstances;
- Manage the specialist support staff team across the campus to ensure the required support is available and prioritised for students based on assessment of need;
- Provide a service for learners to access support in and out of class to meet individual needs; and
- Lead on the EHCP consultation process, working in partnership with the different Local Authorities.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree and/or comparable professional qualification;
- SEND/ PGCE/Cert Ed/ Level 3 Education and Training or comparable qualification;
- A knowledge and understanding of Additional Learning Support practice and funding in a FE college;
- Experience of coordinating or managing a learning support team;
- An in depth understanding of the SEND Code of Practice 2014 and the statutory responsibilities;
- Ability to work with empathy and sensitivity; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional Development;
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am Monday 16 May 2022.
The selection process will take place w/c 23 May 2022.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Ellesmere Port –
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £40,714 - £44,482 (per annum)
Closing Date: 16/05/2022 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download