Job Title: Inclusive Learning Advisors (SEND)
Contract Type: Fixed term to 25 June 2021 (may continue for 2021-22 subject to enrolment)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Vacancy 1 – Ellesmere Port & Chester campuses. Vacancy 2 – Crewe campus
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Learning and Learner Services team to provide high quality support for students with additional needs (many of whom will have ASC), to ensure they reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
- Provide direct support for a caseload of students with additional needs.
- Undertake pre-entry assessments and regular reviews of students.
- Produce additional needs support plans.
- Facilitate EHCP consultations and annual reviews.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent.
- Level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Good working knowledge of students with additional needs.
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment.
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships.
- Experience of working in a learning support capacity.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, 10 August 2020. Please specify which vacancy you wish to apply for on your application form;
Vacancy 1 – Ellesmere Port & Chester, Vacancy 2 – Crewe, or both.
Interviews will take place on 3rd and 4th September 2020, further details will be confirmed with shortlisted candidates.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and innovative College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £25,160 - £27,472 per annum
Closing Date: 10/08/2020 9:00 am
Application Form: Download