Job Title: Inclusive Learning Advisor (Sensory)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 22.2 hours per week / 3 days
Location: Crewe campus
This is an excellent opportunity to join our Learning and Learner Services team to provide high quality support for students with additional needs, especially those with sensory needs, to ensure they reach their maximum educational and developmental potential.
- Provide direct support for a caseload of students with sensory and other support needs.
- Undertake pre-entry assessments and regular reviews of student needs.
- Produce learning support plans.
- Facilitate EHCP consultations and annual reviews.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree or equivalent.
- Level 2 or equivalent in English and Maths.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Experience of working with and supporting young people with sensory and other support needs.
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment.
- Experience of working in a learning support capacity.
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 November 2020.
Interviews will take place on 4 December 2020, further details will be confirmed with shortlisted candidates.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and innovative College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Salary: £25,160 - £27,472 per annum pro rata
Closing Date: 20/11/2020 9:00 am
Application Form: Download