Salary: £25,412- £27,747 (pro rata, per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 22.2 hours (0.6 FTE) per week
Location: Crewe Campus
Are you passionate about making a difference and supporting learners with their career aspirations?
We are seeking a Careers Advisor to join our team at our Crewe Campus. This is an excellent opportunity to provide careers guidance in order to ensure a quality service for learners, visitors, customers and staff.
- Provide impartial careers, information, advice and guidance to those that require support via a range of methods including face to face, telephone, email 1:1 appointments, College events, School events and group workshops;
- Support the CEIAG Supervisor to embed Careers education provision into teaching and learning including specialist areas – employability, volunteering and Higher Education;
- Liaise with internal and external partners or agencies to ensure a knowledgeable and well- informed service is available to all learners; and
- Promote the welfare of children and young people.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) or above in English and Maths (or equivalent);
- Relevant industry qualification/s (e.g. Diploma in Careers Guidance or NVQ 4 in Guidance) or equivalent;
- Proven ability of working in a relevant area; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension Scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional Development;
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities;
- Employee benefit platform;
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Tuesday 29 November 2022.
The selection process will take place week commencing 7 December 2022.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure, Right to Work evidence and original qualification certificates. References will also be sought.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunity for learners to make new friends.
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Crewe Campus boasts:
- A multi-purpose sports hall;
- Climbing wall;
- Fitness gym;
- TV and radio studios with specialist equipment;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.