Job Title: Assistant Principal Learner Services
Salary: £74,898 to £84,281 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Multi Campus
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an inspirational leader to join our College in the role of Assistant Principal Learner Services.
Educated to degree level, you will have a robust track record of effective senior leadership within a post 16 educational environment with demonstrable experience of delivering excellence for 14-19 learners and maximising their opportunities for success.
As a strong strategic thinker, you will demonstrate the ability to deliver on the college’s key objectives while inspiring others through high level communication, engagement and partnership skills.
If you share our vision to be outstanding in all that we do and you have the drive, passion, enthusiasm to create something special, then Cheshire College South and West is the place for you to progress your career.
- Develop and implement a clear vision for the Learner Services teams ensuring this is understood and supported by colleagues and the wider college community and supports delivery of the College’s strategic objectives;
- Lead and inspire the Learner Services Team to provide a transformational service to inspire continual improvement and steer the development of a college wide culture that emphasises high expectations, continuous improvement, equality, inclusivity and learner wellbeing;
- Provide clear day-to-day leadership in the development and delivery of Learner Services and support to ensure that the function meets the needs of learners, staff and stakeholders, delivering a high quality and responsive support and service, in line with the standards and expectations required throughout the College;
- Ensure the Learner Services teams are proactive in addressing legislative changes and national priorities to emphasise and support physical, psychological and emotional understanding and safety;
- Provide expert advice and strategic counsel to the executive leadership team and corporation board on learner issues to support the implementation of college strategy, best practice and the management of risk; and
- Lead on the development, implementation and embedding of a ‘Trauma Informed Practice’ approach to supporting learners in line with the College strategic plan.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Degree and/or a comparable qualification;
- Evidence of a genuine interest in continuous learning;
- Proven and effective experience of leadership of a learner support function within a post 16 educational environment;
- Clear understanding of Trauma Informed Practices and related strategies;
- Extensive experience of the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion across a post 16 educational environment;
- Experience of support for High Needs and SEND learners;
- Ability to problem solve at both an operational and strategic level;
- An open leadership style that motivates and inspires others; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Professional Development;
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by 9am on 6 September 2021.
The selection process will take place on 10 September 2021.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the Vice Principal Innovation, Curriculum & Quality
Location: Across all campuses
Salary: £74,898 to £84,281 per annum
Closing Date: 06/09/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download