Job Title: Assessor in Hospitality and Catering
Salary: £25,160- £27,472 (pro rata per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 18.5 hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port Campus
We are seeking an Assessor in Hospitality and Catering to join our team at our Ellesmere Port Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Assessor to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience.
- Training and assessing of apprentices and learners up to Level 5, through classroom and workplace delivery;
- Supporting apprentice/learner progress through individual planning and assessment;
- Ensuring achievement of qualifications and apprenticeship standards to support timely End Point Assessment (EPA); and
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in line with college policies.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Assessor Qualification (TAQA/A1 or equivalent) or commitment to work towards;
- Occupational competency in both the kitchen and front of house;
- Ability to plan, organise and manage relevant apprenticeship standards and other vocational qualifications;
- Ability to use and monitor the use of electronic tracking and monitoring systems: Management information systems, electronic portfolios;
- Produce comprehensive oral and written reports on all aspects of the role as required;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure;
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
- Up-to-date occupational experience;
- Enhanced DBS check;
- This role will be based across multiple sites and therefore a full current driving licence, use of a car and insurance for business purposes are essential to this role; and
- As this role is based across the UK it may also include overnight stays.
We welcome applications from current practitioners wishing to pass on their sector knowledge and experience who do not have a teaching or assessing qualification. Anyone joining the College with relevant industry experience will receive support in attaining a relevant qualification and will be supported by a dedicated mentor from within the departmental team.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 26 August 2021.
The selection process will take place week commencing 30 August 2021.
Cheshire College – South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email email@example.com where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
Ellesmere Port Campus
As well as our modern classrooms, we have industry-standard facilities which include impressive tennis courts, fitness gym, 150-seat theatre and engineering and construction workshops. Our Academy West restaurant and training kitchens are fully-fitted with equipment that is used in the industry. Travel and Tourism learners benefit from doing airline safety briefings and serving in a real section of aircraft fuselage. Engineering learners use industry-standard machinery to perform various engineering operations such as welding, fabrication, repair and maintenance. Our bespoke hair, beauty and barbering salons create an authentic environment where learners gain skills in the various elements of the industry. Our Ellesmere Port Campus is a great place to be and to meet new friends.
In November 2019 Ofsted rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners.
Cheshire College are the only Further Education provider in Cheshire to have been selected by the Government to offer T Levels in Construction, Digital, Science and Health, Education and Childcare, from September 2021. The brand-new two-year qualifications have been designed with leading businesses and provide learners with numerous opportunities to find out what a real career is like.
Cheshire College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, working closely with over 500 partners and within communities, to empower individuals and nurture talent, taking the time to listen, help and care, whilst always acting with honesty, integrity and trust.
Cheshire College is on a mission to develop digital across the community with their new five-year project, ‘The Digital Hub’, which is part of a £5m investment made by Cheshire and Warrington LEP. The Digital Hub aims to deliver skills and career pathways in additive manufacturing and Virtual and Augmented Reality, as well as improve Advanced Manufacturing Skills to expand digital infrastructures in existing workforces and facilitate access to technology within community organisations.
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £25,160 - £27,472 pro rata per annum
Closing Date: 26/08/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download