Job Title: Assessor in Health & Social Care (0.6)
Salary: £25,160 – £27,472 per annum pro rata
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 22.2 hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port Campus
We are looking for a driven and committed individual who can actively contribute to the College’s vision of being outstanding in all that we do.
• Train and Assess learners up to Level 5, mainly in the workplace
• Support learner progress through assessment in the workplace and curriculum delivery
• Ensuring timely achievement of apprenticeship standards
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in line with college policies.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Assessor Qualification (TAQA/A1 or equivalent)
• Teaching Qualification or commitment to work towards.
• Industry relevant qualifications to a minimum of a level 3 (NVQ or equivalent), level 5 would be advantageous.
• Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements.
• Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment
• Experience of working in further Education
• Up-to-date occupational experience
• This role will be based across multiple sites and therefore a full current driving licence, use of a car and insurance for business purposes are essential to this role.
Please see attached Job Description and person Specification for full-details
• Competitive salary
• Pension Scheme
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
• Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities
• Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
• Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 4th January 2021.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £25,160 - £27,472 pro rata per annum
Closing Date: 04/01/2021 12:00 pm
Application Form: Download