Job Title: Assessor Facilitator – Education and Childcare
Salary: £25,160 – £27,472 per annum
Contract Type: Fixed term – 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port Campus
We are looking for a driven and committed individual who can actively contribute to the College’s vision of being outstanding in all that we do.
- Train and assess apprentices and learners in the above discipline, up to Level 5
- Support apprentices/learners to progress, through a combination of taught delivery and work placed assessments
- Regular reporting to line manager on apprentice/learner engagement and progression, to ensure timely completion.
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons in line with college policies.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Assessor Qualification (TAQA/A1 or equivalent)
- Teaching Qualification or commitment to work towards.
- Internal Verification qualification would be advantageous
- Industry relevant qualifications to a minimum of a level 3 (NVQ or equivalent), level 5 would be advantageous.
- Up-to-date occupational experience
- Knowledge and understanding of awarding body standards and requirements.
- Experience of working in Further Education
- Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment
- This role will be based across multiple sites and therefore a full current driving licence, use of a car and insurance for business purposes are essential to this role.
Please see attached Job Description and person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 19th March 2021.
Interviews will take place on the Friday 26th March 2021.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £25,160 - £27,472 per annum
Closing Date: 19/03/2021 5:00 pm
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download