Salary: £18,658 – £20,267 (per annum)
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: Ellesmere Port Campus
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team with the Business Development Executives and the wider work-based learning department to deliver an outstanding service to potential learners, parents, and employers;
- Act as the first point of call for incoming Apprenticeship Recruitment applications, work with the School liaison team and Personal Development Tutors to generate further interest and ultimately match suitable candidates to apprenticeship vacancies in a timely fashion;
- Work with Apprenticeship candidates to enable them to promote themselves to prospective employers by supporting with CV writing, interview, and presentation skills, offering advice and guidance on applying for appropriate vacancies;
- Liaise with faculty areas to promote apprenticeships as a potential destination to our students promoting specific opportunities at appropriate points in the academic year;
- Scan, check and post vacancies on gov.uk, screen applicants and forward as appropriate, monitoring and recording number of applications;
- Support any assessment centres, events and activity related to the generation of candidates for apprenticeship vacancies as appropriate to meet the requirements of our employers;
- Offer advice and guidance to unsuccessful candidates, signposting to agencies and providing opportunities for developing/enhancing skills through short courses as appropriate;
- Report on live vacancies, interest levels, emerging sectors, and conversion rates;
- Act as an advocate for apprenticeships across college, seizing opportunities to work collaboratively with colleagues;
- Manage applicants received through gov.uk, keeping the system up to date, closing, extending and re-opening vacancies as requested by Business Development colleagues;
- Circulate apprenticeship opportunities weekly, internally and externally as agreed;
- Ensure key processes e.g., risk assessments are followed;
- Liaise with Business Development colleagues to share ideas and seek opportunities for apprenticeships;
- Undertake administrative duties, arrange meetings, and complete associated paperwork ; and
- Perform specialist duties including:
- ensuring that experience of work contributes to the success of students;
- developing and delivering support materials to prepare students for experience of work and employment; and
- assisting in the identification of suitable work/community placements for students.
Key person specification requirements:
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) in English and Maths (or equivalent, or willingness to work towards an appropriate standard);
- Experience of working in education, ideally within learning support;
- Excellent organisational and digital literacy skills; and
- Enhanced DBS check.
How to apply:
Please download the Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
If you’re interested in this new opportunity, you can apply by sending a completed application form
to email@example.com by 9am on 11 October 2022.
The selection process will take place in week commencing 17 October 2022.
- Competitive salary;
- Pension scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our Ellesmere Port Campus, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Ellesmere Port Campus
Our impressive facilities are the perfect place for learners to meet new friends and be immersed in an environment that is ideal for learning. As well as our modern classrooms, the Ellesmere Port Campus boasts:
- Award-winning restaurant, The Academy;
- Mock aircraft cabin;
- Fitness gym;
- Hair, beauty and barbering salons; and
- Professional Centre Stage theatre and engineering and construction workshops.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.