Job Title: Academic Coach
Salary: £25,160 – £27,472 pro rata per annum
Contract Type: Fixed term until 15 July 2022
Hours: 37 hours per week – Term time only. Full and Part time positions available
Location: Across all Campuses
We are looking for Academic Coaches to support our learners with developing their knowledge and skills to help support their preparation for exams and assessment. This role is suitable for experienced teachers, those aspiring to become teachers in the future, under-graduates and graduates. We are particularly looking for candidates with a background in English, maths, science, business, digital, law and humanities.
- Deliver effective support sessions on the 16-19 Tuition Programme, which may include timetabled lessons, 1-2-1 tutorials or occasional classroom support;
- Thoroughly prepare suitable teaching, learning and assessment materials for the 16-19 Tuition Programme, making good use of a variety and appropriate learning and teaching methods;
- Have available an up-to-date scheme of learning (showing methods of delivery and embedded cross-cutting themes) for each course/group taught and to lodge a copy of this information with the appropriate Assistant Director by the start of the course; and
- Promote the welfare of children and young people.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 4/Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant qualification or working towards;
- GCSE Grade C (4/5) or above in English and Maths;
- Experience of working and communicating effectively with young people;
- Experience of working in a supportive environment;
- Ability to work with empathy and sensitivity; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please see attached Job Description and person Specification for full details.
- Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
- Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
- Competitive salary;
- Pension Scheme;
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare Facilities;
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon; and
- Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to email@example.com by Monday 1 November 2021 9am.
The selection process will take place on w/c 8 November 2021.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant department.
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m investment in the latest technology and real working environments, at modern Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester.
Cheshire College is a dynamic, high quality and financially robust College, which provides learners with the skills, experience and qualifications that will prepare them for their future career or higher-level study, encouraging them to become confident individuals who will make valuable contributions to businesses and the local economy.
There is a fantastic atmosphere at our three Campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester, providing an environment to get involved in exciting activities and an opportunities for learners to make new friends.
Location: Across all campuses
Salary: £25,160 -£27,472 pro rata per annum
Closing Date: 01/11/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download