Job Title: 14-16 Officer – Fixed term until February 2022 or the return of the current postholder (whichever occurs first)
Salary: £22,424 – £25,160 per annum (pro rata)
Contract Type: Fixed term until February 2022 or the return of the current postholder (whichever occurs first)
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, 36 weeks and 4 days per year
Location: Across campuses (Ellesmere Port, Chester and Crewe)
An opportunity has arisen within our Learning and Learner Services Team to provide innovative and engaging support for under-16 learners.
- Ensure learners thrive and progress
- Monitor and support learners at risk of not completing or under achievement
- Ensure effective communication and liaison to support learners
- Provide destination information and other designated data to help inform College processes, policies and development plans
- Deliver group tutorial sessions and activities for under-16’s to cover key personal development themes
- Be the main point of contact for schools, parents and the Virtual School
Key Person Specification Requirements:
- Level 4 qualification, or equivalent
- GCSEs at grade C / 4 or higher, including Maths and English, or equivalent
- Relevant experience of effective personal tutoring or learning support
- Good working knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- A good understanding of the academic and pastoral needs of 14-16 year cohort
- A good understanding of the subjects and themes covered in a group tutorial
- Ability to deliver engaging group tutorial sessions including those on sensitive subjects
- Good working knowledge of target setting and review methods
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full-details
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- College ‘Count Me In’ social platform
- Onsite Fitness and Childcare facilities
- Onsite Costa, Café, Shop, Restaurants, Hair and Beauty Salon
- Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am, 8 February 2021.
Interviews will take place on 23 February 2021, further details will be confirmed with shortlisted candidates.
Cheshire College South & West is a dynamic, high quality and innovative College, offering exciting opportunities for its 600 staff, 12,000 students and 1,800 Apprentices, who all have access to the contemporary environments at our modern campuses in Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Chester. Governors, staff, and learners are celebrating after Ofsted recently rated the College “Good”. Ofsted praised the College for its “highly-effective” education programmes, which meet the specific needs and aspirations of learners and extends beyond the knowledge and skills needed to complete their qualifications. The College is a key driver in the regeneration of the region, providing innovative approaches to teaching and vocational learning and an exceptional workplace.
Cheshire College South and West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
Location: Ellesmere Port
Salary: £22,424 - £25,160 per annum (pro rata)
Closing Date: 08/02/2021 9:00 am
Information Pack: Download
Application Form: Download