The Student Book and ActiveBook has clearly laid out pages with a range of supportive features to aid learning and teaching:
- Getting to know your unit sections ensure learners understand the grading criteria and unit requirements.
- Getting ready for Assessment sections focus on preparation for external assessment with guidance for learners on what to expect. Hints and tips will help them prepare for assessment and sample answers are provided for a range of question types including, short and long answer questions, all with a supporting commentary. Learners can also prepare for internal assessment using this feature. A case study of a learner completing the internal assessment for that unit covering ‘How I got started’, ‘How I brought it all together’ and ‘What I got from the experience’.
- Pause Point features provide opportunities for learners to self-evaluate their learning at regular intervals. Each Pause Point point feature gives learners a Hint or Extend option to either revisit and reinforce the topic or encourage independent research or further study skills.
- Case Study and Theory into Practice features enable development of problem-solving skills and place the theory into real life situations learners could encounter.
- Assessment Activity/Practice features provide scaffolded assessment practice activities that help prepare learners for formative assessment. Within each assessment practice activity, a Plan, Do and Review section encourages supports learners’ formative assessment by to making sure they fully understand what they are being asked to do, what their goals are and how to evaluate the task and consider how they could improve.
- Dedicated Think Future pages provide case studies from the industry, with a focus on aspects of skills development that can be put into practice in a real work environment and further study.