Cheshire College – South & West Football Academy recruits footballers playing at all levels of ability. If you are a school leaver and would like to combine your passion for football with achieving an academic qualification, this could be ideal for you.
During your time as a student athlete, you will be given the opportunity to study, play and develop your football skills and gain qualifications. You will be coached by UEFA A licensed coaches with Premier League Academy experience and taught by specialist teaching staff whilst working towards a BTEC Level 3 qualification in Sport.
The Football Academy will allow you to train on a regular basis and take part in competitive football fixtures. As a student athlete you will also have access to free gym membership and recovery.
As part of your BTEC Sport qualification you will be taught in fantastic facilities with access to the latest teaching resources and sports equipment. During your study programme you will participate in work experience and educational visits.
As a member of the Football Academy, you will:
- Study a nationally-recognized qualification that can lead to employment, university or scholarships
- Take part in a structured football coaching programe with UEFA A licensed coaches
- Compete in national and regional competitions, including the AoC Sport National Cup, ESFA National Cup, AoC Regional League and ESFA Cheshire Cup
- Continue playing within your chosen team or club
- Be offered the chance to attend the EFSA Cheshire School and AoC Sport English College Trials
- Be given access to a free gym and a strength and conditioning programme
- Have opportunities to progress in to semi-professional football or professional football
- Receive first-class support to achieve your qualification and to develop your football skills
- Be given a personalised plan to shape your football development
- Have access to match analysis to support your development
- Have the opportunity to take part in a European football visit
The Football Academy offers a unique learning experience that motivates, inspires and engages student athletes to achieve and succeed in the classroom and on the football pitch. Academy teaching staff and coaches will provide a creative education and coaching curriculum to prepare the student athlete for success in education and football. Student athletes will develop and demonstrate a tactical and technical knowledge of the game to help develop their careers in football.
Meet the Coach
Jason Doggett – Football Academy Co-ordinator
Jason has over 10 years’ football coaching experience that ranges from grassroots to professional coaching with Everton Football Academy. During his career Jason has coached in Russia, Africa and America specialising in youth development.
Jason currently holds a UEFA B licence, FA Youth Award and BAH Sports Coaching Degree and is currently developing his knowledge further as a UEFA A Youth Licence candidate and studying for a Masters Degree in Sports Coaching.
During his time at the College Jason was the founder of the Football Academy and has played a part in the growth and development of the programme. This has seen several students gain semi-professional football contracts and USA Scholarships. Since the development of the football academy programme in 2012, Jason has helped guide the football academy team to an AoC Sport regional title, two 2nd place finishes in the AoC Sport regional league, two Cheshire Cup finals and an ECFA national cup final, with the team never finishing outside the top 4 in league competitions.
To apply, please visit the College website and select the BTEC Sport Football Academy Programme.
For more information, please contact:
Jason Dogget – Football Academy Coordinator