If you inform us you are dyslexic or dyspraxic our Specialist Co-ordinator will contact you to discuss any support needs you might have.
We will need a copy of your previous statement or dyslexia assessment report.
If you have not been assessed in the past but suspect that you might be dyslexic, diagnostic interviews, computerised screening tests and standardised paper-based tests are available for specialist assessments.
These will provide evidence of need for special exam arrangements, awareness to tutors and application for the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) before going to university.
Support on your chosen course can include:
- A pre-entry meeting to assess and discuss support needs
- A personalised support plan
- An identified Key Worker
- One-to-one study support outside the classroom
- Examination access arrangements
- Support when you are applying for a Higher Education course