These Level 3 technical qualifications will provide you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into skilled employment or higher level technical training or study in the health and science sector. The core knowledge and understanding will be assessed through an examination and core skills through a practical employer-set project. In addition to this, maths, English and general digital skills will be integrated within the qualification in occupationally-relevant contexts.
The core content for this T Level will cover the following areas:
· Working within the health and science sector
· Safety and environmental regulations in the health and science sector
· Managing information and data within the health and science sector
· Good scientific and clinical practice
· Core science concepts
· The breadth of content will ensure learners can apply their skills for different purposes and in different roles
You will develop your knowledge, understanding and skills in:
· Performing a range of appropriate scientific
techniques to collect experimental data in a laboratory setting, complying with
regulations and requirements
· Plan, review, implement and suggest improvements to scientific tasks relevant to a laboratory setting
· Identify and resolve issues with scientific equipment or data errors
T Levels offer many opportunities for progression, including:
· Enter Employment – You can use the skills, knowledge
and experience you have gained to start working in the Science industry.
· Apprenticeship – There are many opportunities offered through apprenticeships that allow you to carry on learning (20%) whilst spending most of your time (80%) furthering your skills in the workplace.
· Higher Education – If you choose to study further, your T Level is worth UCAS points and will allow you entry onto certain courses. Please check UCAS website as course entry requirements vary.
There are a variety of careers you can pursue once you have completed the course as the knowledge, skills and behaviours you will develop are highly-prized within broad range of science professions.Careers within the science profession may include:
· Radiography technician
· Microbiology laboratory technician
· Biomedical laboratory technician
· Forensics laboratory technician